THE GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM® Method
The GYROTONIC® Method
The GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM® method is a revolutionary system of exercise that offers similar benefits also derived from yoga, dance, gymnastics, swimming, and tai-chi. Developed by Juliu Horvath, a former dancer and gymnast, Gyrotonic movement stretches and strengthens muscles while simultaneously stimulating and strengthening the connective tissues in and around the joints. The even and constant resistance in the equipment eliminates the jarring found in conventional exercise machines where most injuries tend to occur. The exercises, synchronized with corresponding breathing patterns, provide stimulation to the cardiovascular and nervous systems which can range from gentle to quite challenging depending on the pace and intensity of the workout.
Unique to the GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM® method is the three-dimensionality of the movements. Circular rather than linear in nature, Gyrotonic exercise incorporates spiraling and undulating motions on multiple movement planes, which increase the functional capacity of the spine and keep the body’s energy continuously flowing. Fully adjustable to the needs of every body type and strength level, Gyrotonic movement is used worldwide in therapeutic, dance, sport-specific and general conditioning facilities by people of all ages. It is a system that bridges the gap between Eastern and Western disciplines resulting in total equilibrium and complete freedom of movement.
Benefits of Gyrotonic Exercise:
- Helps to control body weight and sculpts the body
- Builds functional strength throughout the spine and connective tissues
- Improves athletic/dance performance by balancing the body
- Releases stress, energizes the body, and clears the mind
- Opens up the energy pathways of the body through the meridian system
- Is a fun, alternative way of exercising/strength training
- Rehabilitates injuries and is a useful form of injury prevention
- Increases stamina, and helps to slow the aging process
- Harmonizes body, mind, and spirit